Ordinary Habit Wholesale Policies
"OH" represents the short form of "Ordinary Habit"
Please note that our products are offered at wholesale cost to retailers with a valid sales permit ID for the purpose of resale only. Generally, our wholesale products are priced approximately 45-50% below our MSRP. Due to the immense savings, we have certain criteria that must be met in order to open a wholesale account:
You must complete a wholesale account application, providing your EIN, and Sales & Use Tax ID.
Your store must meet the standards of the Ordinary Habit brand and not dilute the image we promise to uphold for our wholesale family.
Accounts will be reviewed annually. We reserve the right to cancel an account if Ordinary Habit’s goods are not being well maintained, displayed well, or if the account changes ownership. Duplication or adulteration of products or packaging or falsely representing products as your own is strictly prohibited. Ordinary Habit does not allow our products to be sold on any type of auction site. Products can only be sold at physical location provided to Ordinary Habit at the time of order, and products must be sold under and by the company whose TAX ID number is on file. Products cannot be sold at temporary locations not previously approved by Ordinary Habit (such as art & craft festivals). Ordinary Habit Products can not be sold at consignment shops, second hand stores, or stores that contain previously owned products (without prior approval). We reserve the right to limit or discontinue the selling of our products to parties with sales and distribution strategies not compatible to those of Ordinary Habit.
To initiate a return, please email email@example.com within 15 days of the order date. Returns will not be accepted without first contacting us directly in writing. Return requests must include the invoice number and reason for return.
All returns must receive prior approval ahead of sending. Retailer will be responsible for shipping costs associated with returning the product to our warehouse. Once the item has been received in the warehouse and is deemed to be unopened and in resalable condition, a refund will be issued to the account minus a 15% restocking fee and original shipping costs.
Fulfillment can take up to 3 weeks depending upon stock levels, and therefore all wholesale clients are asked to plan accordingly. If all products in your order are in stock and ready, you should receive your order within 2 weeks unless expedited shipping is selected. Back-ordered items can take up to 5 weeks to arrive. Please specify if you would like items to be sent as they are ready or held until the order is able to be shipped in full. Additional shipping fees may apply.
Shipping & Handling:
The shipping charges quoted in your order are based on the total weight of the products chosen via UPS Ground. All orders will have Delivery Confirmation added. Orders shipped via UPS will require mandatory insurance based on the wholesale value of the order. If you would like us to use your shipping account, please include all necessary account info. Insurance is required on all international orders (when available). If your particular country does not enable the purchase of insurance on your package, Ordinary Habit will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may occur. Ordinary Habit reserves the right to refuse any order felt to be fraudulent.
Orders must be paid for in full in U.S. currency prior to shipment. At this time, we do not offer payment terms (Net 30, 60, 90, etc). We accept all major credit cards including AMEX, checks (with a 10 day hold for processing), cashier’s checks, and US money orders. Returned checks due to insufficient funds will be charged a $25 fee. Credit Card charges will appear on your statement as Ordinary Habit. International orders must be paid by wire transfer or US money order and must arrive in US Currency. Any fees associated with the money transfer must be covered in the amount sent. If you are an international client and need to speak with us about other options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wholesale Returns & Restocking Fees:
We stand behind our products and want to maintain a great relationship with our retailers. All retail orders come with a 5 day money back guarantee. Items must be in resalable condition and in the original shrinkwrapping intact. Simply return the merchandise with the original invoice and a note stating your reason for return and we’ll gladly refund your purchase price. Shipping & handling charges are not refundable, and a 15% re-stocking fee will be deducted from the refund.
Lost, Incorrect or Damaged Goods:
If your merchandise is damaged or incorrect upon arrival, save all contents and packing materials and contact us with photographs attached of the outer box and damaged items within 3 business days after its arrival. Shipments that arrive in damaged condition will be replaced only after the damaged merchandise has been returned to Ordinary Habit within 10 days of receipt for inspection. Shipments that have been determined to be lost, after thoroughly researching the package through delivery confirmation tracking, will be replaced. For both circumstances, a monetary refund will not be given.
Canceling/Changing Your Order:
Due to our size and efficient fulfillment, we move pretty quickly, so we cannot guarantee that your order can be cancelled or altered after it has been placed. You may contact us as soon as possible to see if your order has already started to be processed. In the event that it has not, we will be more than happy to make changes to it within 24 hours.
We hate spam as much as you do, and will never share your information with anyone. It is for our eyes only. The only automatic subscription is for our resellers who will be added to a reseller list to be notified of any important changes in policies, line sheets updates, and things of similar important nature that directly effect your account and sales. Sensitive information entered online is encrypted and transmitted using Secure Socket Layers.
Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy:
Effective January 1, 2022, a Minimum Advertised Price policy on all Ordinary Habit LLC, products will be in effect (herein referred to as "MAP policy").
As used in this MAP policy, “reseller” means any reseller, distributor, sales representative or dealer.
Ordinary Habit LLC, (OH) has been building a brand of strong recognition and high perceived value. By not adhering to the established MAP policy, a reseller can dramatically diminish or detract from the perceived value of OH brands and products.
The global impact of the internet can cause great harm to any company's products if they are advertised at prices that will eliminate legitimate retail competition. This MAP policy is intended to allow consumers to purchase from resellers based on loyalty and customer experience. In the interest of protecting both resellers and consumers, it is necessary to abide by the following requirements.
1. The Minimum Advertised Price for any OH product shall be no less than the current Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) as published on the OH price list; to view the current price list, please visit ordinaryhabit.com. This Minimum Advertised Price is established by OH and may be adjusted by OH at such time and in such amounts as it may determine at its sole discretion.
2. You shall not list OH products on any third-party website, such as Amazon, ebay, Overstock, etc. or any others, without prior written consent from OH. Selling OH products on your own website associated directly with your store(s) is permissible so long as this MAP policy is adhered to.
3. This MAP policy applies to all advertisements of OH products in any and all media, including, but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, email newsletters, email solicitations, internet or other electronic media, television, radio, and public signage. This MAP policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is displayed only in the store and not distributed to any customers.
4. The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products, with a product covered by this MAP policy, would be contrary to the MAP policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the covered product below the Minimum Advertised Price.
5. If pricing is displayed anywhere other than a brick-and-mortar-retail store, any strike-through or other alteration of the Minimum Advertised Price is prohibited.
6. This MAP policy does not establish maximum advertised prices. All resellers may offer OH products at any price in excess of the Minimum Advertised Price.
7. The MAP policy does not, in any way, limit the ability of any reseller to advertise that "they have the lowest prices" or, they "will meet or beat any competitors’ price," that consumers should "call for a price" or phrases of similar meaning as long as the price advertised or listed for the product is not less than the Minimum Advertised Price.
8. OH maintains the right to run a temporary sale at its discretion, and in such case, the Minimum Advertised Price will be the same as the temporary sale price on those particular items for that particular time period.
9. If a reseller with multiple store locations violates this MAP policy at any one store location, or on any associated website, then OH will consider this to be a violation of this MAP policy by the reseller.
10. OH reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend a reseller's account if OH reasonably believes:
i. a reseller has violated the provisions of the MAP policy; or
ii. a reseller intends to violate the MAP policy.
11. OH's MAP Policy Administrator is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP policy has occurred, as well as for determining appropriate consequences and sanctions.
12. Waivers to the MAP policy may be granted in OH's sole discretion by the MAP Policy Administrator in a written waiver. OH's sales and marketing personnel, or any other personnel, are not authorized to modify or grant exceptions to the MAP
policy. In the event that the MAP Policy Administrator authorizes a waiver to the MAP policy, resellers must strictly adhere to the terms of the written waiver. Deviation from the terms of the written waiver is a violation of the MAP policy.
13. OH monitors the advertised prices of resellers, either directly or via the use of third party agencies or tools. Resellers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any OH investigations regarding possible MAP policy violations. Hindering, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise failing to cooperate with a OH MAP policy investigation is a violation of the MAP policy.
14. The MAP policy will be enforced by OH in its sole discretion and without notice. Resellers have no right to enforce the MAP policy. Violations of the MAP policy may result in any of the aforementioned sanctions up to and including termination of our business relationship, as well as any available remedies at law.
15. All questions related to the MAP policy should be directed to: email@example.com.
The sale or distribution of Ordinary Habit products outside the United States or to a third party other than an end consumer is strictly prohibited unless specifically approved in writing by Ordinary Habit. Ordinary Habit reserves the right to cancel or limit the sale of its products to parties whose sales and distribution strategies are incompatible with those of Ordinary Habit.
Internet Retailer Requirements:
Resellers must have privacy and customer service policies, as well as overall business ethics that are compatible with those of Ordinary Habit. It is crucial that the Ordinary Habit family remain a reputable and trusted brand. All internet resellers must have a web address of their own to sell Ordinary Habit products. You may not use a subdirectory of another company’s URL, such as an Amazon.com storefront. Additionally, you cannot sell products through any online auction site such as eBay. Ordinary Habit products should be represented as part of a category of like products, and should make up only a portion of the offerings sold online by the web retailer. Once approved, we will send product photography free of charge for use on your website in order to maintain a consistent presentation of the brand. All Ordinary Habit material, including text from our website, ads, catalog, and other written documentation, may be used only with the express written consent of Ordinary Habit. The presentation of the Ordinary Habit line on your site must clearly differentiate from Ordinary Habit company websites and must not confuse a “reasonable consumer”. Ordinary Habit will review your website prior to setting up an account and reserves the right to refuse sales at its discretion. Ordinary Habit will also review your site periodically to ensure ongoing compliance with this policy.
By placing a wholesale order, you are stating that you understand and adhere to all policies set forth by Ordinary Habit.